Do you meditate in the morning? It’s actually a really beneficial and easy practice to start. After you wake up, sit up in a comfortable seated position either in bed, your couch, floor, comfy chair (wherever), start by taking a few deep breaths and meditate, even just for five minutes.
When I take a few minutes to meditate in the morning, I usually try to hone-in on a goal for mental-health during the day. Sometimes I desire a peaceful mind, no worries, positivity, winning the lottery…(okay, well, hey, you never know ;)) It’s a great way to start the day and when times get tough later, your morning meditation will be a reminder to calm down and bring yourself back to the present. I am really loving this “me time.” And mantras work like magic to make me smile and focus on what it is I need or want to accomplish.
A while back I wrote about mantras in yoga that help to keep focusing on the present, inward and on the breath. More recently, while practicing yoga in my apartment, out of frustration, my subconscious bubbled up, “get out of your head!” Today I’m feeling inspired to share a few more magic word mantras that might be helpful in your yoga and/or meditation practice.
- “I am open to ______ [insert desired word here].” This could be anything you want: positiveness, calmness, happiness, the universe, love, etc.
- “I accept ______ [insert desired word here].” This could be the same word and used in tandem with the magic mantra above.
- “Breathe……just breathe…..”
- “Don’t forget to breathe…”
- “I am an awesome warrior!” (this one makes me smile and reminds me not to take the poses so seriously)
- “I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Try some out next time you’re meditating or in yoga class. I hope they work for you as well as they work for me.
With that, it’s Friday!!! Yaaaay!! Happy Friday everybody! Love!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂