Fall literally came crashing in last Thursday. It’s amazing how drastically the temperature dropped between 2:30 to 6pm that day. I was out for lunch at 2:30 and it was beautiful. I went back to the office and left at 6 and it was cold outside!
I know that fall doesn’t officially start until this Friday the 23rd and I am not looking forward to the cold months that lie ahead but I do look forward to this time of year maybe even more than I look forward to spring. I love the seasonal traditions that flow throughout the next few months. This time of year brings people together and it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. Here is my top 10 list of traditions that I look forward to over the next few months.
1. Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks (in moderation, of course – usually as a dessert w/o the whipped cream and only 1 pump of syrup…otherwise there is waaaaay toooo muuuuuch suuuuugaaaar);
2. Apple/pumpkin picking upstate at Wilklow Orchards;
6. An excuse to enjoy a good cup of hot tea wrapped in a blanket with a good book or movie;
7. Crunching through leaves;
8. Scary movies and The Nightmare Before Christmas;
9. Pre-Thanksgiving Holiday Party at my parents house with friends while decorating the outside with Christmas decorations;
10. Watching NYC transition into fall/winter mode. Has anyone noticed this? I feel like NYC awakens in the fall/winter. It becomes a different city and it started this week.
What are some of your traditions? Leave a comment and let me know.