Last night I had the kitchen to myself and with a little musical inspiration from Alexi Murdoch on Spotify and a glass of wine, I enjoyed the time to make a healthier and organic twist on tuna noodle casserole. Here goes:
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Boil salted water and cook wide, flat-shaped noodles (I used Bionaturæ Rombi pasta)
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 3 organic spring onions
- 1 very large organic carrot
- 2 cans of organic, no salt added tuna
- Mayonnaise to liking
- Squirt of lemon juice from 1/4 organic lemon
- Stir everything to combine and break down tuna
Next, take about 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach and lay it in a 8×8 baking dish. Add the tuna mix on top and place pasta or noodles to cover. You can add some grated cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top if you like.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Breathe and smell, smile, enjoy!